Social Video Production | What You Need To Know
Social Media Video Production:
What You Need To Know
The way we’re watching video is changing, and even the word ‘video’ is a little vague in its self. TV is pretty much archaic, especially for generation Z, and we’re watching more and more content on a tiny little screen that’s by our side pretty much all day.
That’s why the importance of social media video production is growing. There’s such a variety of different screens sizes and requirements for each platform that you need to know exactly what your video will need.
Let’s Look at Some of the Facts
- Snapchat now boasts an estimated 150 million users and millennials account for 7 out of 10.
- Snapchat daily video views surpassed 8 billion in Jan 2016.
- Square video increases engagement, 67% of people a more likely to watch the full length of a square video compared to a horizontal one.
- An average of 100 million hours of video are watched on Facebook, each day.
“The way we all watch video is changing. Video is becoming much more social.”
You’re starting to see a trend, right? Well here’s a few things to think about when you’re aiming to reach that social media market.
- Is the video going on Facebook? Think about subtitles. It’s a fact, most videos on Facebook at the moment have some sort of captions or subtitles, grab the viewers attention without the sound.
- Instagram? It needs to be square, so throw out the rule book and generic thinking that video is being watched on a TV screen.
- Verticle video. It turns out, people can’t be bothered to turn their phones to watch videos when they’re on the go. Trial a vertical video and compare the results to a standard video.
- Grab your viewers attention, and quick. Be bold in the first 10 seconds, be it with relevant text, or some striking imagery, you need to be noticed above all the other noise on peoples feeds.
We could go on and on about why you need to start thinking a little differently about how you use your video. Get in touch with one of the team today and see how we can get your brand seen.